How did the Josh Vernon group double their sales in just one year? On this episode, Josh Vernon Group partner, Jamey Reynolds goes deep on the technology, systems and training behind their success, including how they cater to their Southern market and lifestyle-oriented agents while still going for big volume goals.
To build a mega-team one of your goals should be to be inescapable in your market.– Jamey Reynolds
Takeaways + Tactics
- Growth is as simple as adding leads, adding agents and teaching them to convert the leads.
- A service like Slack allows multi-channel team communication which can cater to specific groups within the team, and the whole unit.
- Lifestyle-oriented agents: Don’t run people off because their goals are different to your agenda. It’s smarter to give them a home to achieve what they want.
Resources & Links:
Expansion– Learn how you can partner with Elite Real Estate Systems – build your career, start your own satellite team and remove yourself from actively working with clients – all without leaving your current broker.
Team Building Workshop – Spend the day observing these systems in person, including board meetings, Monday Team Meeting, agent one-on-one meetings. Also includes hours of private consulting to create your own custom roadmap to build and exit your real estate team.
Tools & Services – See all the tools, professional services and companies Jeff uses and recommends to help build your real estate team.
At the start of the show Jamey gave a brief background of the Josh Vernon Group, and the team structure. Jamey came out to the Team Building Workshop in 2015 and it inspired the team to go for big goals and get more systematic in their approach. He shared on encouraging clients to use their website, and reasons why in-house prospecting suits their market. He also shared on using Slack for team communication and the structure of the newsletters they send out.
On this episode Jamey also shared:
- The value points the team offers to veteran agents
- The technology that helps the Josh Vernon Group function as a paperless office
- Knowing true intentions for building wealth and the power of the big WHY
- How to help people achieve their own goals instead of just hiring agents to fit into an agenda
- How a team can benefit from a direct mail newsletter
Josh and Jamie’s team uses lead gen levers that serve their Southern hospitality-focused market. Both lifestyle-oriented and volume-oriented agents are given a launchpad to achieve their goals. Shared values and clarity around collective end goals are built into every part of the business. Those qualities have helped them turn their vision into achievement.
Jamey Reynolds is an agent based in Birmingham, Alabama. Jamey teamed with Josh Vernon as a buyer’s specialist. And in March of 2014, the Josh Vernon Group was created. Although brand new to real estate, Jamey brought over a decade of sales experience. He graduated from Gadsden State Community College in May of 2002 with an associate’s degree in Business & Marketing. He now leads the Buyer’s team of the Josh Vernon Group as the Team Coordinator. Go to www.JoshVernonGroup.com for more information.